Meet our member Stefani Nelson! Read about why she loves OSi and how it's helped her! Age: 37 Occupation: Office Manager
1) At what point did you start to think about joining a gym, and what brought you to OSi?I had been a member of the Y for a long time but rarely went since it was a long drive and the classes didn't fit my schedule. I was looking for another option and saw a couple friends post about OSi, so I thought I would give it a try.
2) Were you into fitness when you were younger? Did you play any sports growing up?I honestly never exercised regularly until after I had my first child. The closest thing to a sport that I participated in was marching band.
3) Being Honest...What did you initially think about our form of movement and being on the ground when you first saw it, aka how crazy did you think we really were!?I thought it was a bit weird, but it made sense once it was explained to me.
4) When was your ah-ha moment here at OSi?I don't know that I had one "ah-ha" moment in particular. It has really been a process in seeing what I am capable of. I have gained a lot of strength and am amazed at how much easier it makes day to day tasks.
5) How long have you been at OSi and soon did you start feeling the benefits of playing here?I started in mid March, so it's been about six months. I would say that I started noticing changes in the first 4-6 weeks, even things as simple as range of motion in my shoulders and head.
6) What is your favorite thing to do at OSi and Why?I love farm work! I guess I feel a sense of accomplishment from carrying something heavy. I also enjoy pulling/pushing the sled.
7) What is your favorite reset?I love head nods and do them almost daily. I used to get terribly tense in my shoulders and it was common for me to get stress headaches. Since I have learned how to move my head and loosen those muscles up, it is rare that my shoulders get stiff and even more rare that I have a headache.
8) What has been one of your biggest obstacles when it comes to sticking to your game plan in the past ?My schedule has been my biggest obstacle. It seemed that something always came up when I was supposed to exercise.
9) How has OSi helped redefine that obstacle?The 5:30am class is the perfect time for me. It allows me enough time to get home and get ready for the day when I am done and nothing ever comes up that early in the day.
10) What goals have you achieved at OSi?I am stronger than I have ever been. I actually have upper body strength and I never believed that would be a thing for me.
11) What is a new goal you'd like to achieve?I would like to perfect my push ups. While I am better at them than before, they are still tough for me to do.
12) What do you like to do for fun (hobbies, etc)I clog at Studio Five Dance Co and I also like to knit when I have time.
13) What does your typical diet consist of?I don't always make the best choices, but I try to eat a lot of veggies and stay away from refined carbs. At the end of the day if I have made some bad food choices, I just remember that I get to start fresh the next morning and try to do better.
14) Any words of advice for new members?Stick with it. It is really easy to get frustrated if you don't see results immediately, but as long as you stick to it, you will get where you want to be. I am so thankful that I stuck with it as I have met some amazing people who hold me accountable and are always there with an encouraging word when I need it.