1. At what point did you start to think about joining a gym, and what brought you to OSi? A friend referred OSI to me. I first joined the Kickboxing class and then joined the Foundations 2 Class.
2. Were you into fitness when you were younger? Did you play any sports growing up? No
3. Being Honest...What did you initially think about our form of movement and being on the ground when you first saw it, aka how crazy did you think we really were!? I have always had cardio in mind when thinking about fitness and strength training was for jocks. If I were going to do strength training, it was going to be using big machines and barbells. The idea of controlled breathing, crawling, farm work, ropes and play was not what I had in mind as effective fitness strategy. It turns out that OSI's form of movement gets my heart rate up and builds muscle better than going to a conventional gym where I am on my own.
4. When was your ah-ha moment here at OSi? I was relaxing at home looking at my legs and discovering muscle that I have never seen before.
5. How long have you been at OSi and soon did you start feeling the benefits of playing here? I have been at OSI 18 months and felt the benefits in the first few weeks.
6. What is your favorite thing to do at OSi and Why? Squats and breathing, It helps me build strength and endurance I need for backpacking.
7. What is your favorite reset? Rocking
8. What has been one of your biggest obstacles when it comes to sticking to your game plan in the past? Sticking with a routine week after week.
10. How has OSi helped redefine that obstacle? The class structure keeps me engaged since I know that the instructor and other members will be at the gym for our scheduled class.
11. What goals have you achieved at OSi? I lost about 50 lbs and have built a lot of muscle in my legs
12. What is a new goal you'd like to achieve? I want to lose another 60 lbs and strengthen my core and upper body.
13. What do you like to do for fun? (hobbies, etc) Backpacking, gardening, traveling
14. What does your typical diet consist of? I have been doing a program called Take Shape for Life using Medifast meal replacements. I eat 6 times a day (5 Medifast bars or soups and 1 meal of green vegetables and lean meat) and about a gallon of water.